Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrancis1958

Vendor
Oct 5, 2006
US
Hey Gurus,

I've got a potential customer who has called for support on a down Octel Branch (yikes....)

Not much in the way of doc's or anything on Avaya. anyone know where I can get a manual for that???

Can't even find thier line card listed from Avaya.

It's a 044-1128-202. The switch is Nortel, but i don't know specifics yet until I speak with thier PBX person.

thanks in advance folks.

Jeff

that line of products, Aspen, Branch, Branch XP and Maxum, went out of support years ago, 12/31/2001 to be exact, Avaya no longer supports, maintains nor has spares avaialable

The manual are not in a file formate just hardcopy. We may be able to help but it is slim that it will ever run again.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I knew that product was out of support for a while now. but i was hoping against hope that i might be able to at least get my hands on a manual for it.

We'd pay the T&M on the handling if someone could get us a copy.

we have a couple of spares in our inventory but not that particular TIC if that turns out to be the problem.

thanks as always and let me know if anyone can help.

Jeff Francis

Branch/Aspen line was the precursor to the Aria line. Screens, commands are mostly identical to the Aria 2.0 line. No maintenance commands though. If you've got a set of Aria 2.0 docs, you can do 95% of the Branch/Aspen stuff.

The biggest problems with the Branches were the power supplies. And they are the biggest pain to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back