Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel Aria 250 "reached software of interest" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnortman

Technical User
Sep 24, 2012
US
My two system drive Aria is running on one drive and now it will not record personal greetings. The current greetings are accessible but cannot be changed. The end user hears a message that they have "reach a position in the software that is of interest to the administrator" Is there something I can do to resolve this until I can change the bad drive?

Set the drive the bad drive to read only. I don't remember exactly how to do it, but I think in menu 20, there is an option to set the drives to read only.

What is happening, is when the user records a new greeting, the system is trying to write that to the bad drive, and it is failing, so they get that error prompt.

The bad drive is no longer in the system. When the system went down the only way I could get it to boot up was to take the bad drive, drive 0 out. The system went through a bunch of things and came up with just the system drive in 1 and the message drive in 2. All attempts so far to replace the bad drive from 0 have failed. I put the bad drive in but it wouldn't let me install it, enable it, garbage collect or make it Read-Only.

The greetings are accessible so they aren't stored on the bad drive. Why would it need that drive to record them?

it would not so something else is going on. What is the software level ? Are you sure that the drives that are running are not set to read only ?

I doubt it or it would not take any messages.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I checked the working drives and they are working, spinning and read/write enabled. The error I am getting says something about phrases not being found. Users can listen to, and record messages but when they try to redo their personal greetings they get an announcement that "you have reached a portion of software that is of interest to the system administrator..." In looking through the software on the screen I see an error that there are phrases either missing or not assessable.

well that means that the running system drive has a problem as well. What software level is it ? If i could get into the system on the modem i could tell you more.

Do you have a tape drive in the system ? not that it will help with this but you may need to do a restore after you get this issue fixed.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back