Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OCTEL 350 BLIND TRANSFER FROM MENU MAILBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvantassel

Vendor
Nov 19, 2007
US
I,m new to the octel. All transfers out of the menu mailbox are supervised, even with the option set to no.
Is there a global setting for this in the system parameters? And it never rings the phone long enough to follow the forwarding.

Are the transfers to the operator? What type of mailbox is it? 33 32 31 30 ?

What kind of PBX is it behind?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

This is an option 81c. The mailbox is type 32. The five options out of the mailbox are transfers to extensions.

can you post a screen shot of the menu? When you take the option do you hear music on hold? what does the Octel play after it pulls the call back?

Ken Means

Sorry can't post a screen shot, no remote access to OCTEL.
Yes you hear music on hold for about 10 seconds and then call comes back and you get this
THAT EXTENSION DOES NOT ANSWER TO ENTER ANOTHER NUMBER PRESS 1, TO DISCONNECT PRESS 2, FOR ASSISTANCE PRESS 0,
TO LEAVE A VOICE MESSAGE PRESS 3, OR SIMPLY STAY ON THE LINE.

Are you sure that the phone rings? And if it does can it be answered when the call is transferred.

Also you may want to try adding a type 34 mailbox and see if it still does it.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back