Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 350 aria 1.2 software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendor
Jan 5, 2012
US
Once the new year arrived we cannot schedule backup nor can we set a date in our CDR ,once 2015 came around the system will not reconize the date as 2015. The system time and date is correct but you cannot schedule or use cdr, any ideas as to why this happened?

Yes it is a known issue with the 350. One thing you can do is to reset the year to one that matches the same days as 2015 and then all will work fine.

The year 2015 has 365 days and starts on a Thursday

Below is a list of years that have a common starting weekday and equal number of days to 2015:
Year Compared to year 2015 Since last
1903 112 years before
1914 101 years before + 11 years
1925 90 years before + 11 years
1931 84 years before + 6 years
1942 73 years before + 11 years
1953 62 years before + 11 years
1959 56 years before + 6 years
1970 45 years before + 11 years
1981 34 years before + 11 years
1987 28 years before + 6 years
1998 17 years before + 11 years
2009 6 years before + 11 years

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Same issue here, re-reading the Avaya Product support notice on the calendar issue but don't find any mention of backups being impaired.

Ken
Are you aware of any risks in backdating the system? Have you done this with your system?

We have had customers do this and have not run into any issues.

Ken Means

Hi Guys,
Same issue here as well using Octel Aria 250.
I did try to reset to year 1987 which would have matched the year 2015 but when trying to run the back up, the system restarted?
Has anyone else experieneced this?

I was not able to return to 2015 obvously but have temporarily changed to 2014 until I can figure out why the reboot?

Thanks

I never set one that far back but it may be due to the fact that Aria was not out yet?

Ken Means

Thanks Ken,
Maybe? Have you had anyone report issues using 2009 as you noted above then?

As Pete404 asked, are you aware of any issues backdating the system? Ie. like creatimg/restoring backup (aside from the date difference :) )?

Interesting though in that ths sysetm recognized Jan 1st 2015 and forward when the new year arrived but, not will allow me to cahnge the date back to 2015....

Thanks

Were you including messages in your backup?

I am interested in how the Octel handles message dates after setting the system date back. i.e. messages in the past become messages in the future, wouldn't that cause issues?

-Pete

Hi Pete,
Yes I was including messages.
That is a good question. I dont know how the system would handle this either or, if it did cause an issue if it would be enough to cause a restart?

Colin

You said you couldn't set your system back to 2015, so you are set in 2014. Can you run your backup including messages now?, or how about a backup without messages?

Pete

was late last night when Octel reset so, the plan is to try later this week using 2009 though as I would prefer to keep the days the same at least (not too worried about the year at this point).
I want to be on site in case of issues as the last time it rebooted unexpectedly, I had to spin up a fan (this time I am prepared and have a couple spares :)).

for year 2009

Will let you knoow how it goes.

Thanks
Colin

I have changed several Octel Aria system to the 1987 year and have had no issues with the system. I have run backups on each system with no issues. The backup included all messages.

WideTrac,
How does the system handle existing messages during the date/time setback? do the existing messages retain their date/time which would then be in the future?

Message are not affected when setting the clock back. The message time stamp will stay the same because it only uses the month day, not year. I have not had any complaints about the time stamp

Update:
I changed the date to 2009 and was able to successfuly backup both with and without Voice messages.
Not sure why the reboot previously when using 1987 (unless as mentioned by Ken that the date was before Aria was introduced).

Thanks
Colin

We have rolled our date back on our Octel 350 to 1987 and are having some issues that we cannot correct. The system started rebooting exactly 7 days after the rollback occurred and has rebooting almost daily (couple of times on some days)since. After several reboots one of the 5vdc power supplies went bad and was replaced. We have replaced almost all of the cards and hardware except the hard drives and the other 3 power supplies. Is anyone else having any issues like this?

Here are the error messages we are getting every time it reboots.

Abnormal System Shutdown
>>> Notify Support Representative
00000 9000A407 00020000 0C000226 A2190100 *...........&....*
00010 47502046 61756C74 2020203A 00000000 *GP Fault :....*
00020 THRU 00030 CONTAIN 00
00030 49150000 98070000 840E0000 2FC30000 *I.........../...*
00040 EE510000 D4FFFFFF 04520000 8C070000 *.Q.......R......*
00050 5D003F00 3F00A317 3F003500 00009900 *].?.?...?.5.....*
00060 THRU 00090 CONTAIN ))

We are also getting some File System Errors as well. Not as often as the Abnormal. Can provide that code if it would help diagnose the issue.

The OCTEL 350 is powered by a Ratelco DC power system with 4 to 6 hours of battery runtime. We did have some power maintenance events that started the day after the rollback and lasted for 3 days. The Octel never lost power as the DC power system carried the load until the generators kicked in. No other equipment was impacted as a result of the power maintenance event. I only bring this up as we are checking to see if there was any power related changes that could have caused our issues.

jchriscoe
North Carolina

I don't know of anyone having this issue but you may want to change the year to 1998 or 2009. It may be something in the database that is conflicting with that year. What time of day does it reboot ? i don't see it in what you posted,

Ken Means

It reboots between 7am to 9am and in the afternoons from about 2pm till 6pm. We are considering changing the year as well. We have visual messenger users who still see the year even though it now says 1987. Would have to send out campus wide annoncement to change it. If not we would have already changed year.

jchriscoe
North Carolina

Because of leap year issues, we tried to go back to 1987 instead of 2009. The system only warned us that we were making a large date change; it didn't force us to reboot. But, after making the change, we tested some message envelopes, and had some weird stuff, so we decided to reboot anyway. That's when our problems started.

When the system came back up, it would not answer any calls. Sometimes fast busy, sometimes RNA, but not a single call. We had "possible bad line card" errors, which I've seen plenty before, but we also had one I've never seen: "LC failed to respond within a certain time" or something like that. We tried so many different things - port testing, removing ports, removing MLHG terminals in switch, and even re-seating all of the line cards. Nothing worked.

After being down for 8 hours, we finally got a call from a tech who said that 1987 doesn't work with all firmware, and to try 2009 instead. We changed the date, rebooted, and everything started working again. I can now run CDR reports, which I hadn't been able to do since Jan 1, 2015.

For a couple of days we had some weirdness in that the envelope would play the correct day/date and time, but then add "yesterday" or "today" where you would expect to hear a year. But that stopped happening a few days after the date change. Now it just plays day/date and time without the year.

Another note - I use the 3rd party application Ivize for statistics and reporting (Ivize was a newer alternative to Decision Pro). I had to change the date on the Ivize server to 2009 in order for it to poll and run reports correctly. "Thankfully" it only runs on Windows 2000 server OS, which doesn't automatically adjust the clock.

We did lose a message drive during the first reboot on Sunday, but due to redundant drives, no users were impacted. We're scheduled to replace the drive in a couple of days, so wish us luck!

**Reminder - I changed the message retention in all COS to 999 before we attempted the date change, to make sure that no messages would be deleted. In 30 and 60 days, after our normal message aging period, I'll go back in and change the COS back.

I hope my experience helps anyone still having problems or thinking about doing this later this year!

The firmware might make sense depending on the software version you are running on and if you have udlc's or dlc's

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back