Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel 250/350 - duplicate 4 digit extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherieB

Technical User
Mar 30, 2004
US
I have a system with more than one prefix. When I go to setup a mailbox with the same last 4 digits the first user is no longer getting their messages. Example: 410-291-4567 first user. Second user is: 410-443-4567. Any clue?

When yoiui say more thqan one prefix do you mean the mailbox numbers are 10 digits? And when this happens does he new user get the messages ?

Also what kind of Octel is it

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

No the mailboxes are 7 digits however the exchanges are different. Like 291-4657 and 443-4657. Octel 250/350. the new user gets the message sent to his box and the old one does not.

Sounds like the
Octel is doing a match on the last 4 digits. What type of PBX are you using and are you using an RS 232 for integration? Also are the users ext numbers 7 digits?

Ken Means

Option 81C is the PBX and yes on the RS232 integration. The user's extension are 4 digits.

Ok that is the problem. Are you using alias numbers? when the call comes in it is stripping to the last 4 digits and making a match. What software level are you on? There is a patch but you may not need it if you are above 2.5 i think.

Why are the mailboxes 7 digit but the ext numbers are 4?

Ken Means

this may be it but i know it happens in much higher rel levels of software

Aria 01.22.00 16785 3075 LT96.12.23; PATCH TO DISALLOW DIGIT STRIPPING.
Description: Input CALLER/CALLED ID is stripped during AMT lookup, resulting in match AMT entries of lesser digits.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back