Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Occasional Short Ring? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennie47250

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
US
We have an Avaya Definity S8500 switch.

We recently put a Max One conference phone in our executive conference room. Occasionally the phone rings as if a person is dialing the room but it is only about a ½ ring and it does this every so often. Maybe every ½ hour.

This is an analog line.

Any thoughts what may be causing this and how to stop?

My hunch is if I change the field “Tests?” on page 1 of station configuration page this would stop but not certain.

Before the Max One conference phone there was a regular handset but it did not ring like this one does.

Thanks!
Bennie

It probably is the ring test. So make test "no" and see if that clears it up. Also make sure that SAC is not activated. It also gives the "half a ring" as it goes to the first point of coverage.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

This could be audiable message waiting indicator.

Is there a coverage path setup for voicemail and check if there is a message left in voicemail.

Good suggestions. The extension does not have a voice mail box and it does not appear SAC is active. Turned off test and will monitor.

How does one turn off on on SAC in change station?

you don't do it via change station. you need to go to the phone and enter the feature access code associated with SAC.
wleong, the audible message waiting indicator gives stutter dial-tone when you first go off hook so that people without an MWI on their phone, such as a 2500 set, know when they have voice mail.

I have a G3siV11, and I was having odd rings on analog stations, so we changed out the ring generator on suspicion. Haven't heard of any more trouble since then.
I didn't want one of those puppies going south on us, because we'd be down and dirty until we could find a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back