Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Occasional Index error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigKev

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2001
AU
Hi,

I have a Cold Fusion error handler which emails me any problems, and overnight, I had a couple of these ...

"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find the index entry for RID '369a7e0020010e0504d' in index page (1:1272), index ID 0, database 'rec9'."

It was generated by a very simple indexed query which ran sucessfully many times before, and since...

I just wondered what could be causing this, contention maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

From MSDN:

This error occurs when the nonclustered index indicated by the index ID is in error. The corruption is detected when a process tries to delete a nonexistent row.

Execute DBCC CHECKDB without a repair clause to determine the extent of the damage. Then, execute DBCC CHECKDB with REPAIR_REBUILD clause to correct the damage.
Robert Bradley
Coming Soon:

That's great, thanks.

Just one thing though, what exactly does the DBCC CHECKDB with REPAIR_REBUILD do to the data, as it is a live database which is accessed from both the UK and Aus, so I shan't have a quiet time to run it.

So how long will it take, and is all access locked when it is completed.

Thanks again,

K

Hmmm...you're in a bit of a pickle, as the database must be in "single user mode" while you run with the REPAIR_FAST or REPAIR_REBUILD options. How large is the database? It might be possible that you could run it at the lowest-activity time, and maybe it would only take a few minutes if the database is smallish and the disk system is fast. Robert Bradley
Coming Soon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back