Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OBTREE c4 on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

trsiskotr

Technical User
Aug 24, 2011
GB
Hi there

when users try to copy and paste text in chinese into Obtree C4 which is a Opentext web cms system. it's shown as square blocks when you paste it in, interestingly you can paste it into the menu tabs and its fine just into the actual area where you're support to make the changes, its not working!
I tried changing the languages of IE and windows regional settings I think its down to issues similar to whats stated on this link
any ideas of a resolution?

but local IT support say you need Microsoft Virtual machine java but that doesn't actually work on Windows 7 anymore!

What version of Obtree are you using? Later versions support UTF-8

What is the exact character set that you're using?

Also, the version of Java that you have on the desktop?

I'm not too sure of the answer but I'll ask the developers for you (I used to work for Obtree)

Kind regards
Damian

Obtree C4

version of java is 1.6.0_17 java runtime
in terms of character set i believe its set to Chinease something from teh fonts menu in Textwizard, I hope that helps.

Ill get you print screens when the customer comes in .

From “Screen”, you can see the text turned into squares even I have tried to copy and paste by using the clipboard. The original text I want to put in the wizard is “2013文化領袖論壇:藝術與創業精神”.
From “Font Type”, you may see the existing Chinese character available at my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back