Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Obsessive typist...part 4 (update) 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgmr777

Programmer
Aug 16, 2006
US
Update: no change. The high-speed keyboard punisher is still at it. All the letters are completely worn off her keyboard (no lie I've seen it). Still to date no one knows what the content of such a ginormous body of work could possibly be. Estimates vary but most agree it is equal to or greater in length than ~27-33 complete works of Shakespeare. And growing.

Perhaps it's time to get a longer lasting keyboard...something like this?

I don't believe this story anymore. There is no way that no one has figured out what she is typing by now.

I am with ponoodle. Someone (pgmr777) does NOT want to know, no matter what he/she claims. This series of threads is just an attempt to see how far this kind of insanity can be pushed before people will figure it out.

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

It's not a matter of wanting to KNOW, we just want it to STOP because it's driving/driven us INSANE.

She NEVER. STOPS. TYPING. EVER. Like 10 high speed JACKHAMMERS. Except to crack her knuckles. Or FLIP-RUN-FLOP to the PRINTER.

Just my opinion here.

‘Regular’, ‘normal’ people do not allow this to happen. Especially when something like this is going on for years and years, as you claim. And if that involves many other people around. Again, as you claim (“we just want it to STOP”). Normal people DO something about it: meeting with management, getting HR involved, group intervention, little sabotage ...

You choose not to do any of that. You-all complain, but that’s just it, no action. “We did nothing and we are all fresh out of ideas.” [banghead]

Get back here when you actually DO SOMETHING about it.

---- Andy

One more vote for this being BS.

I remember the other threads, and while entertaining to read, you don't seem to have done ANYTHING to investigate or change what you claim is going on. Either you are a completely ineffectual pawn in your own life, or the situation doesn't actually exist.

I frequent another site (RC stuff) and when someone makes an extreme claim there, the ready response is, "Video or it didn't happen". Or "Pics" or "Audio" as the case may be. Without tangible/credible proof, I'm siding with those calling you out for it being BS.

It's not bs. the compulsive typing is most likely work related. here's an example/clue to the problem. a normal person will respond to a yes/no email with either a yes or a no, right? maybe a few words more. with her it will be 15 pages of blathering about any and all things related to the question. she is simply compelled to type. incessantly. LOVes to type. MUST type. continually. underlying reasons unknown.

Video. This person is manic. We're all afraid of her. And why would i make something like this up? I'm not crazy. She is.

I am with SamBones , it didn't happen.

---- Andy

Ok I'll ask her if I can record her psychotic incessant pounding on her keyboard. [pc2]

good rendition of her.

index_ief3eq.jpg

No need to ask permission. You have a right to record your personal work space. Just get a recorder app on your phone and record your personal work space to capture the ambient noise you experience. If it's as extreme as you say, this should capture what you are describing.

The problem with asking for permission is that it will/may alter her behavior.

You're right, I made this all up, she does stop typing sometimes. When she goes to the bathroom.

Ok, I have a possible solution for you.

While researching keyboards for myself (I spend over half my waking hours at one), I've been looking at mechanical keyboards. They have a great typing feel and you can get different switches for the keys to give you different feel and even different sound. A switch called a Cherry MX Red has no click and does have a very good typing feel. To this you can add little rubber O-rings called dampeners that just about completely eliminate any click or other mechanical noise.

Keyboard:

Dampeners:

For less than $100, you can pretty much silence the noise.

And then this is for you:
The Bose are quite nice and very effective.

Putting aside the question of what the content could possibly be, it's really the frantic nature of her typing that puts me on edge. The high-speed non-stop urgency of it. Manic.

No recording of any type - thus THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN.
No matter what pgmr777 claims...

tenor_muoq3f.gif

---- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back