Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oblique ticks disappear in layouts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonb

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
US
I use Autocad 2000 and the dimension ticks disappear in the layout mode and will not plot. What do I need to do to get them to appear in the layouts and plot?

Alfred,

The block properties you listed are ok, it sounds as though your dimensions just got placed on a different layer. Try just changing layers your dimensions are on, and in theory, you should be ok. If when you list the exploded tick mark it shows a different layer other than "0", just redefine the block.

Let me know how you make out.

Todd

Hi Todd,
Why should the dimensions be on layer "0" when I do my dimensioning on another layer? Shouldn't the various dimensions appear on the layer I have chosen for that layout?

Thanks Again,
Alfred

Alfred,

Yes you should place your dimensions on a unique layer, what I was refering to was the block definition used to create the dim tick mark. When you explode this block, all of its entities should be on layer "0". This way, the block will take on your dimension layers colors.

Hope that was clearer.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back