Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object In Designer doesn't show in BO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainkca

Programmer
Aug 26, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I've added an object to my universe... and when I go into BO, I can't see the new object.

Any suggestions to what I should try? I'm using BO 5.1.2

There are other objects in the universe based on the same table. The table has joins to other tables, and belongs to a context already. Since I didn't need to add any joins to get the object, and the object belongs in the same context as the items that DO show... what else do I need to do?

I assume I'm just missing something obvious. Thanks!

Hi ainkca,
I think that by mistake in designer the object is made hidden.right click on it and select show item.
Samik

Tried that already. When it's hidden, it displays in the designer in italics. I even tried hiding and unhiding, and it didn't work. Thanks though, it was a good suggestion.

DUH!!!!

That obvious thing I was missing is... wait for it...
I was pointing to my unmodified universe instead of the copy I made. Worked right away when I had it pointing to the right place... just like I thought it should. <Shameful grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back