Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object doesn’t support this property or message

Status
Not open for further replies.

mans

Programmer
Mar 18, 2000
AU
Hello,

I am using VB6, SP4 with Access2000 I am getting a .bmp image to appear on my form in an OLE object from an Access2000 database (field is OLE Object), it works fine but it comes up with 2 messages (both the same): “Object doesn’t support this property or message”.

The OLE object on the form references the image using a dao object which is assigned the statement below. Ho do I stop the message above from appearing ?

Set rs = daoDB36.OpenRecordset("Select image from image where name = '" & Text4 & "'")

Thank You

maybe by using:

docmd.setwarnings False
<command producing error message>
docmd.setwarnings True

This works in VBA, and you may have to include a reference to MS Access in you project.

are you sure that this code is what is producing the error messages? I ask because this code looks fine. Please include more of the code following this line, perhaps the code that assigns the .bmp to the OLE object.

Hello,

The code that you see at the top has the ole oblject assigned as follows:

ole1 = &quot;&quot; &rs!image

There is no code as such that relates it to a .bmp file specifically. The .bmp image just sits in an image field (ole object) in Access and I am attempting to connect it as I would for text etc.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back