Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Object Data query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jphillips

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
US
Hello,
Using Autocad Map 2004.
WE converted a shape file that has object data for street names. Went in and built a query to return the text value of the data in Autocad and the text returns fine but the alignment is set to 0 degrees. We are trying to return the angle value of the text also, so that the text is oriented correctly with the street data (lines). Has any one done this before.

Thanks for any help

Hi jphillips,

You'll need to get into the specifics of your shape file's object data, more specifically, you'll need to know if the ability to rotate is available or not. You didn't specify whether or not this was VB/VBA, VisualLISP, or ARX. I have done some work with Architectural Desktop's Object Data, and found most of the data (or text in your case) was almost identical to regular text for VB/VBA - I was able to just use objText.Rotation.

HTH
Todd

Hello. When importing shp files into Autocad using mapimport4 and requesting object data to be brought in, all the data from the shp files are carriered over, so the data is there.
Using Edit Object Data (AutoCad Map) and clicking on a point produces the data attached to the point (Autocad Map).
Two of the fields(with data) in the street data is text and angle and using Autocad Map query ability, we can return the text that is embedded in the point. THe question is

How can we use the angle field embedded in the object data to correctly show a orientation of how the test should be oriented.

As far as VB etc... this is straight Autocad Map.

Hi jphillips,

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't use MAP so I'm not sure it can be done, I have to admit that even in Architectural Desktop you'd have to do that programically.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back