Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O2K - Changing Install Path once installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshFink

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
Hi all. Thank in advance for the help.

We currently have a lot of computers installed with Office 2000. Now these were all installed with a CD Install. We currently have a site license for Office 2000. I would like to put an administration install point on the network and point all these computers to look to the network for any files they might need later down the road.

How can I change the install path from D:\ to a network location after it's been installed?

Thanks

Josh

I've got a similar problem in that my source files were on one server and have now been moved to another server with the first server being removed from the network. Does anyone know how to change the source path for Office 2k as currently when you do an add/remove program or even log on as a different user where it says installing files needed to run, it points to the original UNC of the first server location, which no longer exists and won't let me give a new source, just aborts the install.

I am having the same problem as Estelle. My organization installed all office products from an administration point and now that server is obsolete. A new server is now in place and I dont know how to change the source path for the office products. I thought there was a way to do it through group policies however I could not find it. Im still looking but any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back