Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O2k, applied SR1a, now cannot open any files

Status
Not open for further replies.

OWize1

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
CA
When I start Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Access, they open for 2 seconds then close w/o any error messages or any clues!

I did a fresh install of Office 2000 Professional. I tried all applications and they worked OK. Next, I accessed a document attachment through GoldMine (Contact Mgmt app) and it worked. To confirm if Goldmine is the cause I tried all the apps again - they all work properly. But after applying SR1a I get that weird response detailed above.

No clues! Do you have any clues?

Hi there,

I can't give you an answer to your problem (yet) but I can say I have experienced exactly the same thing.

I have just upgraded to Windows 2000 SP3 and Office SP2 (after istalling SR1a).

I am literally just downloading Office 2000 SP3 in case this helps.

I cannot say for sure but I suspect that in my case the Windows 2000 SP3 may be the culprit.

What OS are you using?

Anyway I have to solve the problem for myself so if I make any progress I'll let you know.

Also if you solve it first perhaps you could make a post to help me?

Sorry I can only sympathise at present!

Regards,

try this link for possible solutions. It describes problems with Outlook but with similar symptoms ...

thread68-443762

I have just resolved my installation problems which were due to my serial number beginning with GC6J3 referred to in the above article.

Good Luck!

Yes, that is the solution - bad serial number. I need to change my notification email address, otherwise I would've responded sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back