Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O2 with PC monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixalisTheo

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
US
I just got an O2 machine which i hooked up to a normal PC monitor. The system comes up but the display is all green and the image is offset. I can use the monitor controls to offset the screen position, but there is too much green color and too much brightness. I tried using setmon to set new modes but the same thing happens. Running at 1280x1024 60hz and 1024x768 gives me the same behavior. How can i fine tune all the monitor parameters so that it will work?
Im using Irix 6.3
Thanks

Hi Mixali,

Im new to Irix, but we have a Indy workstation without a monitor, would the above circuit your talking about allow me to connect it to a standard pc monitor ??

Cheers,

The problem is this!

SGI monitors use Sync on green !!!

So your computer monitor will see the sync signal as a green signal, that why it is green!

To fix thix.. well, get a better monitor, IIyama can switch to Sync on green modes!

I accept any schematic for use a Sony GDM20D11 monitor in a PC, or better, a schematic for this monitor.
Note for PC monitors to use in SGI, my Indy have in the pins, the separate sync signals ( others SGI machines is easy looking in SGI site or asking any techical of the SGI to describe the pinage signals for your SGI machine ), my solution is simplest construct a adequate cable ( thin electronic circuit ) and linking the correct pins, but the green pin is important to use basicaly a adequate resistor to extract and eliminate the 2 sync signals, to freeing the green signal ( theses signals is distinguited by low and high freqs, a good technical resolve this calculus ), them use theses 2 sync signals if your SGI machine don´t have or use the separates sync signals ( the INDY have this ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back