Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O2 Mobile Network DTMF issue on Avaya. HELP PLEASE! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSKP

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2017
GB
Hi everyone.

Got a burning issue that non of us can figure out how this is working.

So, part of our menu options, we have self-serve for customers, who can enter account details via their keypad. Standard stuff. We do have the IVR for voice recognition, however some lines do not offer the voice rec.

Now, consistently every time we have issues with the O2 network. O2 mobiles do not send the DTMF 'quick enough'. For example, customers may type in £100, and the system will only recognise £10. They will type in a account number of '12345678', and it will only read '12457'. It does not pick up every digit unless you do it very slowly.

Every other UK network is fine. Ive swapped an O2 simcard into a phone that was working fine and then the problem happens again. We have tried a O2 simcard in over 5 variations of phone, and they all of the same issue.

We use Avaya.

We use ISDN trunking supplied by KCOM, into G650 - DS1 interface TN2464. Using Avaya 6.3

Is there any obvious answers to tweak this (maybe on the Avaya) to accomodate whatever way O2 send their DTMF signal?

Any help would be majorly appreciated

What sort of trunking? Supplied by who?
What version of "Avaya"
What hardware?

Way more information is really needed here; but my first guess is that there is a problem with an interlink between 02 and your provider (or an intermediate)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

There was a g450 firmware update that addressed DTMF detection a while back... check release notes there maybe.

Hi,

Sorry post was abit vague.

We use ISDN trunking supplied by KCOM, into G650 - DS1 interface TN2464.
Using Avaya 6.3

Does this shed any light for anyone?

Its an old board...maybe a TN464 can get newer firmware.
Otherwise, on the trunk form you can "administer timers" to "yes" and turn it down from 80ms if o2 is sending less.

We use ISDN supplied by kcom. Ours come fromantic Leo display court in Leeds. We also have home from Milton Keynes.

Overall, we have no reports of issues with dtmf from o2. I'll make test callspice tomorrow.

All that suggests that your issue isn't carrier based. The major difference in infrastructure is that we use g450 only, no port networks. I'd suggest that a firmware issue is possible,

Like I say I have significantlynzi the same carrive infrastructure, if you want me to run tests, let me know ow

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks for your replies. We do have the latest firmware, but we are aware that it is an old board. This could be the difference then between us Matt.

Matt - if you could do some test calls that would be great.

Kyle - I am going to add a new trunk out of hours and do some line tests with the administer timers settings as I arent too clued up on what that could actually affect with our trunks, unless you could shed some light for me on what actually this setting changes? -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back