Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O Express 55,5 stopped opening attachments ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiklK

Technical User
Dec 30, 2001
US
I've read every post I can find for 3 hours and don't see an answer for the problem, only helpful guesses... Outlook Express 5.5 just STOPPED opening attachments. It could be some setting I changed a month ago, but I can't find it.
Please note: this is not Outlook or 2000 or 2002 - their solutions (security tab etc.) don't help here - but I hope YOU can, please.
Thx (A bird in the hand greatly interferes with typing.)
Mikl

Hi. This might be the reason.
In Outlook Ekspress, there is a feature to 'bar' off any attachment that is suspected to be a virus.

To disable that function, goto
1. Tools ->Options -> Security.
2. Uncheck the 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could be potentially a virus'.

Hope this helps.

Thx for the try,Lydiagal, but Express 5.5 does not have that option. I just looked (again) through custom-optiond for security and there's no reference at all to protection from virus threats.

I saw a lot of references to that in my research, and I think that came in with Ver 6.

Thx anyway.
(A bird in the hand greatly interferes with typing.)
Mikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back