Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O Big error

Status
Not open for further replies.

power

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2000
CA
I seem to be getting alot of errors on my program that is developed in FoxPro 2.6A. One error that happens intermittently is the system will freeze the a message will come up and say 'O Big, corrupt, or wrong format.ive.
Also I seem to be getting alot of error numbers 1103, 1104 and 1105.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Never heard of that error. The errors 1103 & 1104 indicate some sort of index file corruption. The best thing to do would be to recreate the index files. 1105 indicates a problem with SQL or Oracle or whatever server data files.

Dave S.

Any chance you are running on hardware newer than what was available back in 1994? While there is a patch for the infamous "Divide by 0" at startup for FPW, there are many additional potentional timing problems in this old code. With each generation of new CPUs, motherboards, memory and hard disks, there is the potential for problems the Fox team couldn't have tested for or even imagined back in 1994 (the last time FoxPro 2.6 was updated).

Seriously, consider upgrading your software to keep pace with the hardware upgrades (or at no more than 5 years! <g>).

Rick

We expereinced error 1103 when there was a problem with the Novell Network NIC (Network Interface Card). I'm told this can also happen with bad cable connections. I was re-indexing, re-creating the indexes every day. As soon as the Network Issues were addressed, we had no more errors of this type.

At first, please sorry my poor english.
Try to change this settings of the Netware Client 32 (Advanced Properties):

- Delayed Writes OFF
- Cached Writes OFF
- Opportunistic Locking OFF
- Packet Burst OFF
- True Commits ON

And tell me.

onofred@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search