Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nz - When did this appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahliana

Programmer
Sep 4, 2002
US
We have an app in the field that uses the Nz() function. Some users are now getting an error using that function. The order of the references somehow gets reset, with OLE Automation now at the bottom, which then causes Nz() to throw an error.

There is discussion that this may be because they have an app that is installing the Access 97 RUNTIME, which may or may not have that function.

I know that Nz is available in Access 97, but is it in the RUNTIME?

If you have other suggestions on how the order of refferences might get reset within the app, that would be helpful as well. So far we have had 3 instances.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Ahliana
Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours! - Richard Bach

Sounds to me like the new app installer is faulty if that is what is causing this issue. Perhaps you should be stopping any more installations and asking the supplier whether they are competent in what they are doing!
There are always issues to resolve if you install 2 versions of Access on a machine (even if it is Access 97 Retail and ACcess 97 Runtime it still counts as 2 versions.) You have to set up shortcuts for every database on the machine so that mdb files run in the correct version of Access.

We do have an icon for the user to use that sets several options, including which Access they are using. I'm wondering why the Nz might now be an issue, and how the order of the references could get reset.

We have added 2 references, but they should be added at the end, and we have only had 3 users where this has been a problem. It has been suggested that Access 97 runtime does not have the intrinsic function Nz, but that seems unlikely to me.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ahliana
Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours! - Richard Bach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back