Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW6.5 Virtual Office Team setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhoehn

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
US
I am setting up a 6.5 server and want to use the virtual office teams. I have followed the setup guides but they have very few examples of proper config entries.

I think that the problem is with the config settings for the TEAM file sharing. Novell wants you enter the myserv/sharepoint/teamsharefolder , and then a user and password. Is myserv the NW server name or the cifs server name? ex. main or main_w?

does anyone have an example of some entries that work?
I am getting an error page that reports " documentaccess" errors, so I think that the teamshare is not correct.

thanks

You have the servername followed by the share point in a qualified DNS name. E.g. myserv.mydomain.com/sharepoint/teamsharefolder. Have a look at TID 10092335 which explains this a little better.
This from Coolsolutions .
There is an undocumented feature that will allow the team file store to be configured to point at a file location on the local server without enabling CIFS/Samba. If you configure the file store location and do not set the username and password (just clear it out), Virtual Office will use the local file provider to read and write to the file system. This means that you don't have to enable CIFS on your server. When you enter the file path, use the following format:
NetWare:
data:\teamStoreFolder
Linux:
/var/opt/novell/tomcat4/webapps/vo/WEB-INF/communityStore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back