Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW4.11 Secure Console and Arcserve Btrieve configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrGreen26

MIS
Feb 23, 2000
US
Has anyone used the above mentioned software and had to tune BTRIEVE for correct functionality?<br>
<br>
We currently use ARCSERVE 6.6, Secure Console on our servers with NW 4.11 and both Arcserve and Secure console use BTRIEVE for database information. We have been experiencing frequent Secure Console and Arcserve HANGS... I am currently evaluating the settings in BTRIEVE, but was wondering if anyone out there has worked with these apps and tuning btrieve?<br>
<br>
Any help would be appreciated.<br>
<br>
Thanks in Advance <p>Mark C. Greenwood<br><a href=mailto:m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com>m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I run Betrieve on my 4.11 servers, but don't do a lot of the configuration of this application. I copied below our Bstart.ncf file. This seems to work good for us.<br>
<br>
LOAD BTRIEVE -F=250 -H=1500 -L=60 -T=15 -U=16 -S=240 -M=8192 -P=4096 <br>
LOAD BSPXCOM -D=16384 -S=120 -W=10 -R=1500<br>
LOAD BROUTER -D=16384<br>
LOAD BDIRECT -A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back