Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW Client 4.9 Not Saving Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carboloy

MIS
Jun 24, 2002
US
We have been upgrading some of our XP Machines from 4.83 to 4.9 for the Novell Client. Since then we have seen issues where when the user turns on their computer, it will goto a Windows login screen as opposed to the Netware screen. Once logged into Windows I will have to go into the client properties and check Initial Novell Logon, and reboot and it works. Then the next day after a shutdown, it will go back to the Windows Login and I will have to re-check that option. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks!

NWGINA, but the Novell Login screen does not come up everytmie. I would have to login to the Windows client, then right click the N, and do a netware login.

I'm am managing the computer network at 2 seperate schools. Both running Netware 6sp3, zenworks 4sp1. We are also experiencing the same problems with the Novel client 4.9. I've tried disabling all group policies (to check if the policies were stopin it from saving), and i've also switched off the mandatory profile. Both had no effect. It's just no saving the registry key for "Initial novell login".

I had simliar problem. I found out my desktop firewall software by symantec was causing problems.

Might also try 4.83 client

If HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersionWinlogon\AutoAdminLogon is = to 1 it causes the Client to not come up. Try setting it to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back