Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NW& hangs when downing

Status
Not open for further replies.

reili

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
NO
This happens on my server runing NW6 SP1. When I take down the server it will hang when it tryes to take down "pool sys". Is this a common problem? anyone had experience with this problem.

Apply SP2 and update. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer

Why do user go into a panic when a NetWare server goes down, but accept it as normal when a Windows server goes down?

I have the same problem however I do have SP2 installed and the problem still persists. Yesterday while attempting to migrate another 4.11 server to NW6 I had a similar lockup. I removed and reinstalled the NIC driver because I was having communications problems and the lockup while downing the server went away. Might be related - might not. Worth a look.. I will try that with the other server as soon as I get a chance.

Okay, now that I know your actually doing a migration, take a look at the FAQ for this forum; faq871-2908 Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
KIS Computer Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back