Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NVM 4.0 Wrong VM assigned to set

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmills

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2004
US
Last week, a user moved from the receptionist department to another department, new desk, new phone (m7310). Her old phone was a M7324 w\ CAP. We hired another receptionist who will use the same phone and desk of the past receptionist. The past recept. wanted to keep her extension. At first, I just swapped cables at the patch panel. But then the CAP didn't have power, so I had to put the cables back into their original ports. It seems the CAP needs an auxilliary power source that is tied to the port. Now for the past recept to keep her old extension, I had to change DN's (old DN to New DN). The phones are finally ringing in the right places from both internal and external calls. The problem is that when either of the girls open VM they get the others VM. So while DN's, DID, were changed, VM stayed on the old phone. How do I move VM from the old phone to the new one?

you probably dont want to do either of those. The reception station has many features tied to it that should be left at the reception station. You should change the dn's back, and just give the old receptionist a new DN, or.... call a tech.

voicemail stays the same ...if mailbox 221 is A and 222 is B, that is not going to change at all.

login into feature 983 as sys coordinator and see
if the mailboxes and extension are connected properly

Thank you both for your help. Senk1s, feature 983, mbox, 3227, shows ext 3227. But when I f981 on set 3227, set 3232 VM shows up. I have even deleted mailboxes 3227 and 3232. Then re-added them linking mailbox 3227 to ext 3227. Still the same result 3232 VM on 3227 set.

I did notice that when I added the mailbox back to the system. The menu goes from Outdial to Alt1 skipping line.

sorry for the last post. If Outdial is set to none, then line is not an option.

Did you try changeing the B2 DN's also on the phones?

Thanks hawks. I did not change b2 dn's. What and where can I change them.

Because this user needed some voice mail. I changed mailbox 3227 to ext 3232 instead of 3227. Now when I go to VM from her set, she gets her VM. This is really strange because if I dial ext 3227 is rings to her phone and ext 3232 rings to 3232, but VM for 3227 has to be set to ext 3232 for her to get it.

If you go into Maintenance then go to port/dn status and put in the extension. The display should give you the option of veiwing the B2 extension. After you have them then go to change DN and change them. Good luck

Thanks, hawks. I was able to change the b2 dn's, but that did not fix the problem. The only way I can get VM on this set is to set mailbox 3227 to extension3232. If I set Mailbox 3227 to Ext 3232, VM works on set 3227. Or if I set Mailbox 3232 to ext 3232, VM works on set 3227. I have VM setup for this user on set 3227, by tying mailbox 3227 to ext 3232. The problem with this setup is that when the user wants to enter her VM remotely she has to key in 3232xxxx for log password instead of 3227xxxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back