Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NVIDIA Video Playback Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshanafelt

Programmer
May 14, 2002
US
Hello,

I just upgraded to a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 AGP card with 512 MB from an ATI card with 128 MB (I think it was a RADEON 9800, but could be wrong). The main reason I did this was to improve my gaming video. My OS is XP.

After the installation, I immediately loaded up Battlefield2, and was happy to find that I could crank all the video settings up to max and have a good gaming experience. However, today I found out that my video playback within Windows is shot. I opened up a video (WMV) in Windows Media Player, the player launched, but my computer immediately started to lock up. Screen refreshes seemed to be happening once every 15 seconds, and the screen started to flicker like it does when you change resolution.

I'm using a Dell FP2005 monitor in it's native resolution (1600 x 1200 I believe) and have tried lowering the color level and at different resolutions, but I'm not having much luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back