Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nvidia issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwlerwill

Technical User
May 25, 2001
Hi Guys

Hope someone can help as I am baffled

I have a packard bell iXtreme X6620 UK PC

All was well but yesterday while using the PC to my monitor would suddenly display "No Signal" and the only option is to hold down power and force shutdown.

when reboot all is fine for a while until No Signal again.

What I have done:

Updated graphics driver to latest model that failed so I did a full system recovery (full install with windows 7 DVD including full C drive format)

The problem still happens, the model of PC I have comes with a onboard graphics card as well so swiched to that and all is running OK.

Any suggestions on what to do/check as to the no signal.

PC Spec:

Windows® 7 Home Premium
» Processor Type: Quad™ Core » Processor Model: Q8300
» Standard Memory: 6 GB » Memory Technology: DDR2
» Total Hard Drive Capacity: 1000 GB » Hard Drive Interface: SATA » Hard Drive RPM: 7200rpm» Optical Drive Type: DVDR+-RW+R9 BLACK SATA
» Graphics Controller Manufacturer: Nvidia® » Graphics Controller Model: Geforce® GT220 » Graphics Memory Capacity: 1 GB » Graphics Memory Accessibility: Dedicated
Monitor: Matsui 32' HD TV (Connected via VGA cable)

David Lerwill
"If at first you don't succeed go to the pub"

Something usefull in event-viewer?
Sounds like a heat issue, check the fan of the external graficcard, if its spinning try it in a different pc

M. Knorr

MCSE, MCTS, MCSA, CCNA

There was only 1 notification in the 10 minutes leading up to the last no signal

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

no idea what that means lol

Is there any software that I can download that will monitor my PC and log temprature etc?

David Lerwill

according to everest monitor it is currently running at

46 oc (115 0f) is that good or bad :)

David Lerwill

More info

--------[ Sensor ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type ITE IT8720F (ISA A10h)
GPU Sensor Type Diode (NV-Diode)
Motherboard Name Acer EG43M
Chassis Intrusion Detected Yes

Temperatures:
Motherboard 51 °C (124 °F)
CPU 22 °C (72 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 39 °C (102 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 35 °C (95 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #3 37 °C (99 °F)
CPU #1 / Core #4 40 °C (104 °F)
Aux 44 °C (111 °F)
GPU Diode 66 °C (151 °F)
WDC WD10EADS-00M2B0 [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Cooling Fans:
CPU 1078 RPM
GPU 50%

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.07 V
+1.1 V 1.12 V
+3.3 V 3.33 V
+5 V 5.05 V
+12 V [ TRIAL VERSION ]
+5 V Standby 5.08 V
VBAT Battery 3.25 V
Debug Info F 0272 FFFF FFFF 0000 0000
Debug Info T 44 51 22
Debug Info V 43 BE 74 BC BC 46 D0 (FF)

David Lerwill

It is definatly a heat issue, I will give the inside a cleanup and see what happens.

GPU-Z Sensor Log:

GPU Temperature [°C]

2010-09-24 13:52:57 , 103.0
2010-09-24 13:52:58 , 103.0
2010-09-24 13:52:59 , 104.0
2010-09-24 13:53:00 , 104.0

Max for my card is 105 :)

David Lerwill

Typically when you experience an overheating issue, you will see it occur more quickly from a warm boot than you would from a cold boot (after being off for a couple of hours). There should be a noticeable difference in the amount of time it takes the card to overheat depending on how cool the system is to begin with during boot.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Einstein
[tab][navy]For posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Yea I left it off all last night and it overheated in less than 10 minutes (Lost signal at 107 oc)

I checked the inside of my PC and it is free from dust so I removed and reseated the card and got no change.

The PC is only a few months only so I called the company who sold it to me and they are replacing the card on Monday (Geforge GT220) so hopefully it is just a faulty card

David Lerwill

comes with a onboard graphics card as well so swiched to that and all is running OK.
this alone should have been enough to to make out the Graphics card as the culprit...

glad to hear that the company is replacing the card....

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back