Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nver ending Browser election

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsgdgcs

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
GB
I am geting on my windows2003 domain controller Eventid 8027
saying that the browser running on the domain controller has lost the election. the conmputer than won the election is DCname

So basically my DC is loosing the election to itself. This has got me stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

Well on the one hand, it's losing the election, but on the other hand, it's also winning the election. :-D

The only problem is my event log is being filled with hundreds of messages. It would be nice to stop this never ending browser election so that the event log doesn't get cluttered with these messages. I have already missed one important event as it was a single message burried within the hundreds of browser election messages.

Is this machine multi-homed (dual-nics) you may want to disable MS services on one of them. Also do the other machines on your domain run the Computer Browser service? If not, have you tried just re-starting the Browser service on this particular machine?
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back