Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NUR-RAD Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bower

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
US
Just got my copy of NRU 10.0 today and have been busy setting up my accounts. One thing that I don't see in any of the documentation however is the NRU-RAD agent that also came as part of the package. It seems to be a deamon that listens in on my computers IP address but for what purpose?

Bower

Dang my typing. That should be NRU-RAD agent in the title.

Bower

The documentation that comes with the NRU 10.0 actually covers it quite well. I never install the RAD Agent because I just plain don't have a need for it. It is for making a LAN connection to another PC on the network that is connected to the RAD. I have tested it, and it does work, but rarely used. IMHO

MarvO said it

the rad agent works fine but u are dependent on a computer stayin alive and if they take the littlest pwer hit it messes ur connection all up. I had been installin it but stoped because of that reason.

If I said it, It has to be true.
Mario Mazza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back