Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nupoint User enabled Prompt "Press 1 to leave Message"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I have 1 user of many that before you can leave a message you are prompted to press 1

There is no call flow enabled and the FCOS/LCOS is identical to users that do not have the prompt.

The prompt sounds like a canned prompt from Nupoint.

This is on a Micollab System Rel 8.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

Just wondering if you can bypass this while playing by pressing 1. That would lead me to thinking it is the mailbox greeting. I would have to look at the prompt list to see if Nupoint has one like this

Prompt 2312 says "To leave a message, press 1, or stay on the line.

The prompt plays after the user greeting and repeats.

I'm going to resort to deleting and recreating the mailbox because the user says when they login they are warned that their mailbox is nearly full. The mailbox is empty however.

It could be that the 2 are related now that I think about it but I guess I'll never know.

I would zap the mailbox and start fresh.

I have to look at the fbits, but there is a fbit that does what you are mentioning (press 1 to leave a vmail). You can always press 1 to bypass a greeting (except for an Extended Absence Greeting).

Has the user enabled a call director call flow on their own mailbox?

From memory the users can setup a call flow by accessing the MiCollab End User Portal.

Nuking the mailbox resolved the issue.

My best theory is that the prompt automatically engages if the mailbox is nearly full.

The mailbox was not in fact nearly full but the user was getting a prompt that is was.

Nuking the mailbox fixed both issues.

when extended absence greeting is enabled callers hear message followed by press 0 for attendant, press 1 to leave message.

Confirmed, I have since found this is related to Extended Absence Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back