Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nupoint Supervised Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullyb0y

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2011
GB
Hi Guys

I'm fairly new to this phone malarky and need some help. We currently have nupoint running on MAS 4.0. We've been asked by a client to set up a dedicated number for them to ring. I have created a hunt group as 5680 and then using call director set up the menu and first three options:

Option 1 - ring 5314, no answer, busy or invalid go to voicemail - target mailbox 5691
Option 2 - ring 5253, no answer, busy or invalid go to voicemail - target mailbox 5690
Option 3 - ring 5388, no answer, busy or invalid go to voicemail - target mailbox 5690

The above works brilliantly.... provided that the users are logged in to their hotdesks extensions. If they're not, rather than going to the target mailbox the system drops back and plays the menu options again

Any ideas?

Thanks
N

When a hot desk is not logged in any calls to that phone will follow that sets forwarding or call rerouting. Do you have any setup of the hotdesk profiles? The issue is the routing on the phones typically wants to put the phones caller into a mailbox with the same number as the telephones extension.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Tick the "Try call-flow first" option in the settings for Supervised Transfer.
This should force them to use the callflow associated with the destination mailbox rather than hit mailbox 5680 again when the call gets pushed back to voicemail.

Managed to fix this in the end
Ended up creating a dummy number and assigning this to a single line key on the handset. Rather than following the original destination, set call director to follow the dummy number and bang, straight to the correct voicemail

Bit of reeducation for the users on answering the flashing key on the handset but they were more than happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back