Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NuPoint not getting DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMann

Technical User
Nov 16, 2012
CA
I am upgrading my cluster of 15 controllers....
Upgrading one of my controllers to 9.4 has caused dtmf not to pass through to nupoint.

I upgraded nupoint and my vMCD to the latest as well.
If I put my port directly on the remote 9.4 controller it works.
If I put it on another system tried on versions 8.0 sp3, 9.1 and 9.4 it works

I can re-create the issues using my MiCC ports as well.
However, I CAN call embedded vm and DTMF works. I can call through sip trunks on the vMCD from the remote site to an external answer point and dtmf works.
I cannot route an inbound call to from the 9.4 system to nupoint (dtmf fails)

Clearly there is SOME setting on my vMCD that is off not allowing the DTMF to pass through to the nupoint. This is ONLY affecting 9.4 systems....

Running event recorder I can see DTMF from a set on a working system, but never see it from the 9.4 systems.....

Prior to upgrading the vMCD I could conference in a set from a working controller and voicemail and could dial dtmf. That as stopped working since going to 9.4. I tried conferencing in 2 phones on the same system and that also does not register DTMF....

Mitel just keeps asking for logs and after weeks of waiting I am looking to see if anyone has any other ideas.

I have worked with my provider (my former employer) and a number of techs there too. We went through all the usual suspects.

Any ideas appreciated!

Solution found! System was set to have DTMF Payload at 98 instead of 101.
I have a vague memory of that setting needing to be changed for an issue with a carrier and EHDU many years ago!

Thanks for the update.

To confirm was that in the Controller Registry of the MiVB that you are talking about?

Yes, I think it is in the registry setting. I had on e carrier who sent regular calls with 101 payload but tollfree came in at something else. Perhaps it was 98. Made them change it for my fix

Sorry for the delay, yes under the Controller Registry form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back