Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NuPoint - CALL FLOW - TWO DIGIT Menu Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imbru

Programmer
Oct 12, 2021
US
Any way to get TWO DIGIT MENUS in NuPoint?

We currently have a department that has >10 people, and management wants that all on the same menu tree (i.e., press 1 for user 1... press 19 for user 19...) (YES I KNOW that makes for a long recording - that's an uphill battle with management I'm not interested in fighting)

As a workaround, we have MULTI-KEY set up as a BLIND TRANSFER TO DIALED EXT, and the recording states "dial 1001 for user 1... dial 1002 for user 2, etc.).

Just trying to find a way to do that in the call flow without exposing the extension (which is not a big deal in the long run if we're forced to do that)...

Think I may have answered this elsewhere. You can set up a daisy chain type of callflow menu where the first takes a single dtmf digit and goes to the next.

Of course that makes sense after you said that.

Thanks for the kick in the brain to get me thinking past one the dimensional menu structure.... [smile]

I have had to set up a multi tenanted Nupoint such that each is in an affinity group, but each also has a similar menu tree nesting to only allow calls dialed to each. This is 4 digit and each level looks for a single key press. Any invalid plays a message and then back to start. Therefore in theory you can do multi digit, but it requires more work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back