Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NuPoint Call Director Callflow and Recording Backup 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jemson

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2012
AU
On the weekend I did some experimenting in getting complex NuPoint callflows and recordings out of a NuPoint mailbox at one site and moving to another site (A call center moved between sites).
Initially I tried to search some info on this but came back with nothing, so I figured I would just leave my findings here for the next guy.

Callflow itself is stored as XML in /usr/vm/val5/CallFlows/mbox_XXXX.xml (where XXXX=extension)
Within the xml, any recordings are tagged with a messageID attribute. Eg;
<menuNode nodeID="014" nodeName="Holiday Menu">
<messageID>33237</messageID>

If you take this ID, convert it to hex; Eg 33237-> 81d5 as above, you will find a file with that name in a subfolder of /usr/vm/audio/store/0

Eg:
[root@mas ~]# find /usr/vm/audio/store/0 | grep 81d5
/usr/vm/audio/store/0/129/000081d5

I'm not sure what the numeric subfolders reference exactly, as one callflow's recordings may (or may not) span multiple subfolders, but they can be copied over and renamed between callflows and servers without issue.
I didn't download one and try to open in audacity, but I imagine they will be in raw format, though this is an educated guess.

I hope this helps someone else in the same predicament.

Do you happen to know where the standard vm recording are?

I have a user that made a very large Record-A-Call session that fails to email due to size and I would like to pull it off the box

Thoughts?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Messages are stored in the same location, but are a little harder to identify.

I believe the subfolders in this case reference a mailbox id. The hard part is then identifying the subfolder mappings without having db access.
You can verify against the date and time the message was left to narrow down the possibilities, or leave a new message and look for the known date and time.

Eg: I left a message to identify this mailbox just after 8am.

[root@mas 0]# ll /usr/vm/audio/store/0 -R | grep "Sep 26 08:"
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 26 08:23 134
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 44544 Sep 26 08:20 00008606

Above was a known message I just left on that box at 08:20. I can then get it's path the same as I did the CallFlow recordings:
[root@mas 0]# find /usr/vm/audio/store/0 | grep 00008606
/usr/vm/audio/store/0/134/00008606

[root@mas 0]# ll /usr/vm/audio/store/0/134/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 49024 Sep 25 14:36 00008601
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 42544 Sep 26 08:20 00008606

This should give you all the messages, including dates and sizes for that mailbox.

Hope that helps!

I knew the files were large so I used that for my search parameter

find / -size +25M was the solution

I actually had found the file using the path to the audio files in your first post but the file sizes weren't displayed so I couldn't know which ones I wanted.

How do you transfer the file once you've found it?

You've already earned your star, but I'm holding on to it until I get that file.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I use WinSCP. Essentially like an FTP client over SSH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back