Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

numeric keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

taubate

Programmer
Jun 29, 2001
US
A couple of users have told me that they can't use the numeric keypad while they're in MetaFrame XP. But it doesn't seem to affect everyone. Everyone in the company uses the same ICA connection settings. Any ideas? Thanks!

Are you using an 'alien' keyboard ? I mean, does the keyboard they are using require device drivers to be installed?

Have you checked regional settings and keyboard settings ? If you change these on the server, they do not change for the users that already have a profile.

The keyboards are run-of-the-mill ones, with nothing special about them. Settings are normal. However, users have told me it works now. It could be profile-related, but who really knows...thanks for the help.

I sometimes have an issue where the caps lock is backwards from what it is on the desktop. Don't know why, but if I turn caps off locally they go on at the server. Try the same for num lock.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

No. Still won't work. Works in some applications (Client Access) but won't work in others (IE6, Elk). Anyone else have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back