Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Numeric input inpossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbeullens

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2007
BE
Hi to all!
I have recently updated the firmware of our IP406 DS to version 4.0
The problem is that our users can not give any numeric input via the keyboard.
This is necessary for some menus like “press 1 for sales, press 2 for support,…”
They all use IP phone manager to place their call’s with a Siemens gigaset analogue wireless phone.
They don’t use the phone, but a wireless headset and the IP phone manager to place and receive call’s.
Does anyone know what I can do best to solve this problem?
Manny thanks!

I dont think you can do that with PM.

You can do it with soft phone me thinks but PM i dont think so.

Can somebody please correct me if i have given the wrong answer here.

I don’t know either.
The Avaya system is completely new to me.
But the users told me that it was no problem before…
I changed the existing config by basics only (put users in hunt groups, gave them new organized numbers,…) But because I downloaded the system manager for my PC from the internet, I have the newest version. It proposed to update firmware as well, so I did. The company that supports our avaya system told me they do not support this firmware version because they first have to test it for a while. The idea now is to set back the firmware to the earlier version, but it does not sound like a good solution to me. (why would avaya release a firmware that causes problems and that is not tested before?)
Anyway, thanks a lot for your answer and your help, hopefully I (we) can solve this problem and may this post be helpful for others with the same prob!

Couple of questions!

How are you dialling the digits - using the numeric keypad on the PC or the phone dialer pad in PM pro?

I've had similar issues that have turned out to be LCR carrier based (However, that was IP hardphones) so try making the calls using a carrier bypass number (are you UK based - try 1280 to force calls to BT)

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Dialing goes by phone dialer in PM.

The portable phone itselve stays in its craddle all day :p

The reason that we have portable phones is because the wireless headsets use the base station to connect.
Normally i can remove all phones and just keep the base stations and headsets

Do you hear DTMF if you dial another extension, get connected and then dial extra numbers?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

timbeullens is right
use the phone dialer in phonemanager
and probably (i am notsure) you can use your numeric bord (the 0-9 numbers on the right) to dial the digits

What release did you upgrade the IPO from?

Did you upgrade the VMPRO, softconsole, phone managers/lite/pro/IP, CCC, delta server, etc., etc. to the new release as well? If not, they may not work as they should either, since the releases do not match.

Suggest you get your vendor in to downgrade to the previous release, and get some training as well fi you are going to be administrating the IPO.

Most good vendors have field testing before they implement, and therefore support new releases of software. That just tells you they are above average, and go beyond the standard minimalist foresight, and forethought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back