Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Numbering plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnjwinters

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
I have three lines coming into an option 11c PBX. I would like them to come into my 81c instead and then point them to the 11c over a TIE. The numbers start with a 9XXX and 9 is my AC1. Is there a way with the digit manipulation tables to have these numbers come in and point them to a few phones on the 11c?

1. Get the lines connected to the Opt81. (Assume this is possible)
2. Create an incoming route for these COT lines
3. Create an IDC table on Opt81 so to look somthing like this
TYPE idc
CUST 0
DCNO 9
DCNO 9
SDID NO
IDGT CDGT
9123 2345 (extn number on Opt11)

or CDGT to equal another routing alternative that points to the Opt11 extns.

Make sure that trunk to trunk barring isn't going to block the call.

Yes but can those numbers be assigned to my Inbound T-1's?

When you say lines, are you talking analog lines, or a group of DID's? If DID's call your telco have them port your DID group to the 81 circuit. Then in the 81, build cdp tables, that point to the 11 tie line.

Yes, Three individual lines that I would like added to my indound T-1's and then pointed to the 11c.

So how do those lines come into your switch now, are you using COT's?

They are each ground start trunks from long ago.

Well one of the easier ways to do that is to call your lec and have them RCF those lines to numbers in your DID range. Once pointed, you can control the lines

I absolutely agree with PBXN. There is one other alternative, if you are on good terms with your carrier. Instead of RCF'ing the numbers, have the carrier change the DNIS digits for the 3 numbers. IE, 9000 becomes 1234, 9001 becomes 1235 etc. Same affect as RCF'ing, which is that it gets the DNIS digits within a range you can use, but most carriers charge a fee for RCF's, but not for changing DNIS digits. Good luck!

We move Sites all the time and just have the phone company redirect out old copper Main number to our new PRI to a DID number that we put on any phone we want. It doesn't make any difference what the old number was, I can have them make it any thing I want. Sometimes I send it to A Callpilot SDN that sends it to a menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back