Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Numbering in Microsoft Word 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwmueller

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
Hi

How can (or is it even possible) circle the numbers which I am using (automatic numbering)? i.e. I have 10 points numbered from 1 to 10. I want to circle each of the numbers yet still keep the automatic numbering.

Thanks

Hans

Hans,

I have went into word and looked around to see if this is
possible, I do not believe it is. If you find out a way to
do this let me know.

SJ

Hi

I have found a way around this but it is long winded so save as a template.
In paint type your number enclose with the circle and encapsulate that with the cut box and then copy. In word setup a table ajust sizes to suit. Put a text box in the first box in the table and paste the circled number in the text box. Do this in every box that you want a number for and remove all lines, so all you see is the circled numbers. Do not forget to have it set to AUTO FORMAT so as you type it increases table size.

hope this has helped

phil

If you have zapf fonts you should have numbers already in circles. This is the easiest way, just use insert symbol in the first cell of a table (made big enough to hold the symbol) and then place the correct zap symbol there. Use the second column (cell) for your text. If you try to use the symbol as a bullet, it will always use the same number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back