Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number Records in detail of a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna22

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
GB
Please please help me!!!
I am doing a database which produces a report showing the common failings in a particular area what i want to be able to do is produce a league table format of the common failings over a month.

The league table will show in descending order the common failing with the total number of occurences, (your help comes in now) i want to be able to number the each record but where there are an equal number of occurences of that failing i want to give the same number in the league table to them. I am not very good at explaining so i will show you sample data

1. Vehicle Safely Parked 12 occurences
2. Hi Visibility jacket/Vest 10 occurences
2. Head Protection 10 occurences
4. Medical Certificate up-to-date 6 occurences
5. Eye Protection 4 occurences

My report works as above but without the number it just shows the failing and the number of occurences. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you need any more information please just ask

Thanks Anna

This is closely related to thread703-211293 ("Please help Detail section problems") so you might keep your eye on that one too. "Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read" - G. Marx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back