Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of Users logged in via CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2005
US
Can someone please tell me how to find the number of users logged in to Ellipse via CICS on a UNIX platform.

There was a program developed by Mincom called MSOUSR - it has a CICS transation code of MUSR.

I think it comes standard with the later versions of ECP. Trry typing 'MUSR' in one of your CICS regions and see what happens (it worked for me in my test instance, but failed in production. *shrug*)

Steve

We have the same problem with MUSR. We share a box with other sites and for some it works and others it doesn't and I've heard lately that the figure coming out, if it works, are suspect.

Greg

Can you use the Unix ps -ef command and grep it out?

Greg

In MUSR help screen, PF5 can be used for dump the output details to CSMT.out file. But I can't find this file. Do anyone know about the file's location ?

MoE

MoE

Try
/var/cics_regions/<region_name>/data

or

$BES_LOG

Greg

Greg,
Yes I've found CSMT.out file in /var/cics_regions/<region_name>/data but its content is not like my expectation. I thought I can find detail information for all Ellipse connection.
I'm curious if there is Ellipse utility for capturing current Ellipse connection e.g. Ellipse userid, client hostname, program name, etc. It'll be used for creating statistics report.

thanks,
MoE

MoE,

I don't think the information you are seeking is available. It is in the old Mincom TP. You can get info via PF4 or session details like below. I'm new to CICS and don't think it's as good as Tuxedo or the Mincom TP.

Greg

Log of Client Usage
Apart from the realtime display that is available with the MUSR transaction, it is also possible to log the number of active client connections to a file, and have this log updated at a customized interval.
This log is controlled by setting the environment variable
ECP_MWHO_INTERVAL
Set this variable to the interval (in minutes) at which you wish to log the number of connections and terminals connected to the CICS region. The allowable values are from 1 to 60. If this variable is set, the log will write to the file <Ellipse_instance>/log/MWHo_Out. The log is of the following format (in this case the ECP_MWHO_INTERVAL was set to 2) –
18/11/2003 14:55:53 ** MIMSWHO START **
18/11/2003 14:55:53 STATS::: CONNECTIONS 1
18/11/2003 14:55:53 STATS::: TERMINALS 0
18/11/2003 14:55:55 STATS::: TSQUEUES 0
18/11/2003 14:55:55 ** MIMSWHO FINISH **
18/11/2003 14:59:00 ** MIMSWHO START **
18/11/2003 14:59:00 STATS::: CONNECTIONS 2
18/11/2003 14:59:00 STATS::: TERMINALS 0
18/11/2003 14:59:03 STATS::: TSQUEUES 4
18/11/2003 14:59:03 ** MIMSWHO FINISH **

Greg,
We're being upgraded our MIMS OE 4.1 to Ellipse 5.2.3.7. So all tools and its environment are new for me..
Yes, I try to find similar tool like tp_stat in mincom tp.
I've tried the PF4 key but can't dump the information, also read MWHo_Out but the content is not complete enough.

Thanks anyway for your info.
MoE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back