Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of rings before Call Pilot picks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirls86

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2006
US
I have an intermittent problem with Call Pilot picking up the call. Sometimes Call Pilot will pick up on 1 or 1.5 rings and other times it'll take anywhere from 3 to 4 rings before Call Pilot picks up. I have had this happen when all voicemail channels are "idle". This problem happens either when you are trying to access your own mailbox or when you call someone and the call goes to voicemail. It'll also happen after hours when the auto-attendant is to pick-up. I'm not sure if the problem is with the Call Pilot or the PBX. We have Call Pilot release 5.0 and have a Nortel 1000M-SG with Succession release 5.5. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

So you have verified this is happening on more than 1 channel? CallPilot looks like it is up fully with no errors or alarms on screen?

Post your PARM block from LD 17 (print in LD 22). Also, post your ELAN config from LD 17 (print ADAN info in LD 22) and your VAS data from LD 17 (also print in LD 22)

War Eagle!!

Is this change in the amount of rings happening on the same extension, or on different extensions? If different phones, check the RCO value in each phone. RCO dictates how many ring cycles occur before transfer.

It happens on different extensions and different times of the day. I checked a few phones and the RCO was set to 0.

Below is the PARM, ADAN, and VAS.

PARM
LPIB 1800
HPIB 1800
500B 800
SL1B 255
NCR 5000
MGCR 25
CSQI 250
CSQO 250
TUBO NO
NCPU 2
CFWS YES
PCML MU
ALRM NO
ERRM ERR BUG AUD
DTRB 100
TMRK 128
FCDR OLD
PCDR NO
TPO YES
TSO NO
CLID NO
DUR5 NO
MLDN YES
MARP YES
IPIE NO
FRPT NEFR
DCUS NULL
MSCL 200
PMSI
MANU PMS1
PMCR 0
PORT NONE
NDIS 20
OCAC YES
MTRO MR
SBA_ADM_INS 000
SBA_USER 000
BCAP SPEECH
IDLE_SET_DISPLAY
ICON YES
MSEC ON
MSSD MSNV
NKEY 31
TKEY 24

REQ prt
TYPE adan

ADAN HIST
SIZE 65400
USER MTC SCH BUG OSN
ADAN TTY 0
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 0
DES xsm
FLOW NO
USER MTC
XSM YES
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 1
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 1
DES seb
FLOW NO
USER MTC SCH BUG
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 2
CTYP CPSI
DNUM 2
PORT 0
DES CORE
BPS 9600
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER MTC TRF SCH BUG OSN
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR NO
ADAN TTY 3
CTYP CPSI
DNUM 3
PORT 1
DES CORE
BPS 9600
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FLOW NO
USER MTC TRF SCH BUG OSN
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 4
CTYP QSDI
DNUM 4
DES cdr
FLOW NO
USER SCH CTY
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN TTY 5
CTYP QSDI

PAGE 001

DNUM 5
DES terminal
FLOW NO
USER MTC TRF SCH BUG
XSM NO
TTYLOG 0
BANR YES
ADAN ELAN 16
CTYP ELAN
DES SYMPOSIUM
N1 512
ADAN ELAN 17
CTYP ELAN
DES CALLPILOT
N1 512

REQ prt
TYPE vas

VAS
VSID 016
DLOP
ELAN 016
SECU NO
INTL 0001
MCNT 9999

VSID 017
DLOP
ELAN 017
SECU YES
INTL 0001
MCNT 9999

The only thing I see in those printouts that is suspect is the SECU prompt on VAS 16 is set to NO and should be YES. However, I don't think that is causing your problem but may be worth changing at your next maintenance window.

Couple questions:
1) Has this CallPilot been working properly and all of the sudden this problem come up?
2) Does the PBX have the latest DEPLIST and are CallPilot PEPS up to date?
3) Have you rebooted the CallPilot server so that it re-acquires all PBX resources properly?

War Eagle!!

In November we upgraded Call Pilot along with the PBX. Not sure if the PBX has the latest DEPLIST ot that CallPilot has the latest PEP. I will find out though. Last time CallPilot was rebooted was when we had to reload the language CD. Thanks For all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back