Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of questions and passing scores 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcferrin

MIS
Jul 14, 2003
US
My employer (after nearly 10 years) has finally mandated that I get a number of certifications (A+/Net+/Server+/MCSE) that never seemed to matter before. Seeing as I've been in the business so long, most of the material should be familiar to me. They want me to start with the CompTIA exams (makes sense to me).

My company did provide me with some training materials along with practice tests, and I've only done the practice tests and have been passing them with 90-95% of the questions correct. This has highlighted a couple of areas where I need some more review (primarily Netware and old-school non PnP tech like IRQ lines and DMA channels), and also gotten me familiar with the somewhat tricky way in which test questions are sometimes asked (i.e., I give you four choices and say pick the 'best answer for the situation', but three of the choices are things that you'd never do and the fourth is something that you would do but is unrelated to the question).

At any rate, the only things that I have been completely unable to find are:

1. How many questions are on each exam?
2. What score is considered passing? If it's 95% then I want to review a little more. If it's 85% I'm just going to knock them out and be done with it.

Obviously, I'm assuming that this isn't an adaptive test.

Think of it as an investment in your career. Is your career and future earnings potential worth the investment? Only you can answer that question but in my own instance, I would answer with a resounding "YES!".

Stop thinking on such a small scale and pony up the cash.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,DHTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,RFID+,CETma,CSS,CFOS/T,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Yes, A+ and Network+ will count as an MCSA elective. The Security+ also counts towards Security specialization on the MCSA:Security and (I think) the MCSE:Security as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back