Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

number format lost in Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidi88

Programmer
May 1, 2003
US
I have a formula calculation sales marging in % format. Crystal report designer shows 20%, after publish the report into Crystal enterprise that field shows $20.

Does someone know why?

Thanks

Heidi

Consider that the solution is probably version dependent, which you omitted.

It also might depend upon how you've created this percentage display (there are different means), perhaps you can share that also.

-k

Oh, you are right.

I created the report in CR 8.5 and publish it in CE 9.0

In term of how I created the percentage, I use formula like:

(Sales-Cost of sold)/Sales *100,

Then turn on the % sign on the menu bar.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks a lot.

I think that a service pack in CE addressed this, at any rate, apply the service packs religiously:

And then as a trick try formatting it by selecting the number, right click, format Field->Number->Customize->Hit the currency symbol tab->Enable Currency Symbol->Fixed->Position(123)$->and change Currency Symbol to percent.

Another means is a formula containg:

totext((Sales-Cost of sold)/Sales *100,0,"")+"%"

-k

I have another un-related question and hoping you can help.

Whenever I use activex viewer to view report on CE 9.0, it gives me red-x on the top and nothing happens. When I first launch the report, it did ask me to install ActiveX component, I guess I didn't choose yes. How can I get the prompt back again?

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back