Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number Entry for the Criteria of Subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

trustmefada

Technical User
Jun 26, 2007
US
Here is the setup: 4 combined subreports have 4 entry dialog boxes appear when trying to "print preview" the reports. The number to be typed into the 4 dialog boxes are the same, so I am forced to enter the number 4 times. Not a big deal unless you need to export ~500 reports to PDF. Is there anyway to link the entry for the first dialog box to the remaining in order to speed up the proccess and avoid typos??

no, because input dialogs doesn't exist for longer than you've filled in the value.

what you can do is to use a form, and in the underlying query or filter properties of the report, reference a control on that form...

e.g.

select blah from blah where col = forms!frmName!controlName

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

IMHO, parameter prompts are not for public consumption. Always use controls on forms to allow users to enter criteria. This provides greater flexibility and control. You can:
[li]view all the criteria values at once[/li]
[li]set defaults[/li]
[li]use calendars, combo, check, & list boxes[/li]
[li]check for valid entries[/li]
[li]reuse the criteria values over and over[/li]
[li]provide nice labels and instructions[/li]
[li]raise the professional look of your apps[/li]

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Not for public comsumption...this isn't a database that everyone is using. Only I and the chemist. I will look give it a try though.

I expect you are "public" also. It's up to you whether you want to kick your app up a notch or use parameter prompts.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back