Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number conversion doesn't work for all routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HILORD

Technical User
Feb 23, 2004
BG
Can you help me with this tip.
I have two identical defined routes with different numbers. I have defined incoming call number conversion for all possible routes( in general e.g 123 to 4123),but the nuber conversion works only for one of them.I can't find the reason for this behaviour.

Have you checked the last parameter in SERV. It must be set to "1".

NANSI

check the TypeOfNumber from the incoming calls, maybe they differ.

Thanks NANSI&mdman for your repley but I still can't solve the problem the parameter SERV is 1 and TypeOfNumber is the same for the two routes by the way they are absolutely identical concetning all their parameters.

I think that mdman refers to "TypeOfNumber" in the InfoElement "CalledNumber" in the incoming SETUP message (ISDN Protocol).
The NUMTYP parameter (NUTRI/NUTRP) states the type of number to be converted.
If your trunks are ISDN and if you don't have an ISDN instrument, you can try to modify the relevant NUTRI entry using NUMTYP value from 0 to 4.

Bye
GioBs

Hi, whosrdaddy thanks for your interest.This is the printout of NUTP:
ENTRY CNVTYP NUMTYP ROU PRE TRC
123 0 2 4123 3
135 0 2 4135 3

NEWTYP CONT BCAP HLC
END
The input numbers are 123&135 and shuold be changed to 4123 and 4135.

hilord,
are you sure tjose numbers are comming in as national public (numtyp = 2). you can check this by doing an isdn trace. try unknown format for a starter (numtyp=0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back