Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number Announcer Needed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwpage2001

Technical User
May 19, 2006
US
I need to add an auto number announcer to my 81C switch, for extension ID. I need it to answer my call and tell me what extension I am calling from. I have used these units many times, but I have never ordered one. Can anyone give me manufacturer and model info? Thanks.

The product was called the DTI "Test Phone" and was made by DigitalTechniques, now out of business. If you find another similar product, you will be a hero.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

do you have symposium?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

i use mail.. it calls my with the dn that left a msg.. not as quick but free

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Question about the Smart-Pro:

Scenario: If you are inside your PBX and calling the Smart-Pro from, say, a 4-digit non-DID DN KEY (like an internal/backup DN on some phone for example).

What will the Smart-Pro speak back to you? Will it speak the internal 4 digit non-DID DN back to you?

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Yes, we currently have it set to read back the 4 digits when called internally (DID or non-DID), and seven digits when called from outside. I believe it can be set to read back different lengths...

Cool! What type of connection does it use to the PBX? Digital TN?

~~~

It uses three different methods, ANI off an E&M or universal trunk, CLASS analog TN, and it also can connect via serial port to monitor a local and do a trace that way... I really wanted to use the first method but couldn't get my little brain to figure it out and Fluke support didn't help out much. Here's the link to my old post asking for help...

thread798-1385472

I'm currently using the second method (CLASS) and it works well, I have the two ports hunting between each other in case one is in use...

You should download the manual, lots of helpful features packed into this unit...

That's outstanding. I did do pretty much reading on the box. I knew the box needed some analog connection with Caller ID, but I needed to lead you into that one to make certain it was what I thought :)

Thanks again. I posted this before, but I always figured whomever tested one of those out would be a hero. That's you today!

Thanks again!

~~~

No problem... I have the pdf manual at work but it's like pulling teeth to find it again online... let me know Monday if you need it...
I mentioned earlier that we have it set for 7 digits but it's actually at 10 digits for outside calls and 4 for internal... and it correctly reads back whichever key is selected (Key 0, Key 1, etc...). Nice unit... the callback feature is great for testing ringer volume...

Cool - thanks for posting that.

~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back