Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Null Values in Crosstab query Report Headers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjornson15

Technical User
Jul 6, 2005
US
Hello everyone,

I am trying to put together an OnOrder report. In my table I have Lot/Week Ending Date/Quantity as my columns. Because of the way I have the data, I need to use a crosstab query to extract each individual Week Ending Date across the top of the report.

I have given the column headers in the crosstab query names like "Wk 0", "Wk 1".... "Wk 5". I only need to see 5 weeks out. I also have Criteria given to this query from my form. All of this is working perfectly.

The problem that I am coming across is when I filter and there is only 1 or 2 columns left (leaving the others without the column name in the query). This doesn't happen when I run the report when every column has info. I can run the query but I get an error when I try to run the report.

"The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize 'qryOO_WEEK'(the query name) as a valid field name or expression."

If you need a better explaination of my questions, ask questions... and I will get back to you. If you know what the problem is... please help me out.

Bjornson

How about sharing your SQL view of the crosstab query? Did you enter values into the Column Headings property?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Here is the SQL:

PARAMETERS [forms]![frmONORDER]![CAT_SEL] Short, [forms]![frmONORDER]![DEPT_SEL] Short, [forms]![frmONORDER]![CLS_SEL] Short;
TRANSFORM Sum(ONORDER.TOTAL) AS SumOfTOTAL
SELECT ONORDER.NUM_LT, LOT_MASTER.DES_LT_NUM, LOT_MASTER.CD_SYL, LOT_MASTER.CD_NAR_ALI_SSN_YR, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_CTG, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_CTG, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_DPT, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_DPT, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_CSS, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_CSS, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_SCL, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_SCL, Sum(ONORDER.CASES) AS CASES, Sum(ONORDER.SOLIDS) AS SOLIDS
FROM PSS_DATE LEFT JOIN (LOT_MASTER RIGHT JOIN ONORDER ON LOT_MASTER.NUM_LT = ONORDER.NUM_LT) ON PSS_DATE.DATE = ONORDER.ETA
WHERE (((PSS_DATE.DATE) Between Now()-21 And Now()+49) AND ((LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_CTG)=IIf([forms]![frmONORDER]![CAT_SEL] Is Null,[CD_CRN_ALG_CTG],[forms]![frmONORDER]![CAT_SEL])) AND ((LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_DPT)=IIf([forms]![frmONORDER]![DEPT_SEL] Is Null,[CD_CRN_ALG_DPT],[forms]![frmONORDER]![DEPT_SEL])) AND ((LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_CSS)=IIf([forms]![frmONORDER]![CLS_SEL] Is Null,[CD_CRN_ALG_CSS],[forms]![frmONORDER]![CLS_SEL])))
GROUP BY ONORDER.NUM_LT, LOT_MASTER.DES_LT_NUM, LOT_MASTER.CD_SYL, LOT_MASTER.CD_NAR_ALI_SSN_YR, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_CTG, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_CTG, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_DPT, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_DPT, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_CSS, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_CSS, LOT_MASTER.CD_CRN_ALG_SCL, LOT_MASTER.DES_CRN_ALG_SCL
PIVOT IIf(DateDiff("ww",Date(),[ETA])<0,DateDiff("ww",Date(),[ETA])+52,DateDiff("ww",Date(),[ETA]));

The report is 1 column in the column headings properties. The information that comes out of the query looks something like this: (the number is the number of weeks away from today)

Lot 0 1 2 3 4
1 100 100 100 100
2 100 100 100 100
3 100 100 100 100

The problem occurs when I would filter to only show Lot 1. The query result would then be:

Lot 0 1 3 4
1 100 100 100 100

There is no column number 2. The report looks for data in column 2. I just want it to show either null or 0. But I need to still show column 2.

Hope this clarifies my question. Thanks for your help.

Did you enter values into the Column Headings property?
Crosstab queries have a Column Headings property where you can type in all the possible column heading values. You would need to enter:
Column Headings: 0,1,2,3,4
I don't care for numeric column names and will generally concatenate "W" or "WK" to derive columns of WK0, WK1,...

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Worked like a charm! Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated!

About the numerical column headings, I figured that as long as the system knows what it is looking at, I don't need to put some more arbitrary characters in front of it. I might do that so the next person that looks at the file knows what it is counting though.

Thanks for your advise and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back