Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

null parameters using stored procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbreakables

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
AU
Hi,

What I've done is take the test_classic a lite version of eportfolio which you can generate from eportfolio itself.
I did this because I wanted something similar to seagate info 7 so the users weren't scared by the new
interface. Anyhow I have made quiet a few changes to the testclassic version to suit our needs and everything is perfect except for one thing, and that is this schedule.csp. ITs completely different to the
orginial eportfolio one so it doesn't help me too much.
My scenario is I have several old reports that use
stored procedures. Any time I go to schedule a report which is based on a storedprocedure I get null parameters in the history and of course fails because the parameter values equate to null. I have tried debugging the code but it looks identical to scheduling a report that is based on either a view or a table.
I even display the whole rendered html code of schedule.csp just before it submits for scheduling and the values I entered into the parameters are there and are no different when scheduling reports with tables or views.
It doesn't matter what type of parameter it is either.

Any chance you may know what is wrong with this scehdule.csp in test_classic version or if you could have a look at replicating it. I guess the worst part is its quiet complex and its code i've inherited.

BTW- I'm using CE 8.5.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kurt

Have you tried displaying the Scheduling info stored for that instance. Maybe the report is being run with old (null) values.

Here's a sample query to get the istore info.

SELECT *
FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS
WHERE SI_NAME LIKE '%myreport%'
AND SI_ID = '29664'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back