Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nul? Page does not display

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurin1

MIS
Apr 28, 2003
US
During development, at times, I do something that causes the page to not display (in the browser, it's a blank page.) When you do a View Source, the entire page in code is there, but at the bottom of the page, it always says NUL. What does this mean?

I usually can fix it, but I never know how I do it?

Keith Davis
MCSA, A+, N+, Guru+, Geek+, Child of God++++++
Love and Service

Insufficient data for a meaninful answer.

Without knowing what you were attempting to do in your code, it is nearly impossible to know what might have produced that output.

Exactly what doesn't it do in Firefox?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

Just taking a wild guess here, but if your html output is shown in the source view but not on the page then you probally forgot to add/close a body/html/header tag or left one open like so "<body" (just a guess).

Honestly, I don't think that's it (closing tag.) It seems that whatever is generating the NUL at the bottom is the clue. The other thing is that this doesn't happen to Firefox. Here's a weird note. From testing, it seems that it doesn't happen on the first view of any page. Only on the first and any subsequent Refresh. I can go back to the page via the Address bar and it works fine. I was just hoping someone had seen the NUL in their source that could clue me in.

Keith Davis
MCSA, A+, N+, Guru+, Geek+, Child of God++++++
Love and Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back