Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nuisance calls stuck in Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

andytheautomator

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
US
We're getting automated calls to our toll free number that just get stuck in our auto attendant. The home node in the Custom Call Routing (CCR) Tree is a menu which doesn't offer an option to disconnect callers at the end of the message. I've tried to build a CCR Tree with an information node, but it doesn't allow any additional menus or transfers. Is there any way to disconnect these callers? Is there any way to block specific numbers?

Thanks,

Do you have an attendant defined in the AA Table and enabled with F982? I thought that's where it would send callers after a time...

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Not sure. Is that the operator? If so then no we don't have an attendant available. Is that what I need to do?

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe be more specific as to what happens with the call.....for ever silence? maybe an issue with you mail system as the call should:
Go to Attendant or Operator DN setting.

Will assume you are using browser since calling then nodes:

This is what atom suggested and probably the best bet when no receptionist:
Operations/Operator Settings/
Attendant = Your receptionists DN
Attendant Available = Y (when set to NO the call ends up in the general mailbox, maybe what you need?)
Business Open = Y

Note:
1. Below Table setting will override above Operator Settings/Attendant DN
2. It applies to ALL lines regardless of Table/Company

This is where you normally set the Attendants DN for each Table (company/lines), see/try your second option (Operator Settings) first.
AutoAttendant/GreetingTables/ChangeTable#(usually 1)/Attendant ext
I used to set the DN to 000 on older systems to trick it.
You may not need this for your setup.

As for blocking numbers look for CLID Routing table, in there you enter your ex's number.
This only works when Auto Attendant answers all calls.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back